29 June 2012

And so it begins...

Dear Brothers and Friends,

Today is my thirty-second anniversary of Ordination to the Priesthood at the hands of Bishop Bernard Flanagan. As I think back on all the blessed years God has given me, the incredible people of faith he has called me to shepherd, and the infinite blessings of his grace he has showered on me, I am grateful beyond words.

My mind also returns to the years I spent in discernment and preparation as a seminarian, in Baltimore, in Worcester (at Holy Cross) and in Rome. And, of course, my mind and my heart turn to the seminarians I am now called to shepherd as Rector of Saint John's Seminary in Boston.

I hope this blog will become a regular vehicle of communication between me, the pastor of our Seminary community (someone called it 'a pastor of a flock of shepherds!') and the seminarians and friends of Saint John's. So, as I begin, I ask for your prayers, and promise you that you can trust in mine.

May God, who under Bishop Kennedy and all his predecessors has begun such a wonderful work, give us the grace to bring it to completion.

Monsignor Moroney

  MONDAY MINUTE 24 april from James P Moroney on Vimeo .