11 November 2014

On Stained Glass in the North Country

A few weeks ago I was privileged to give some brief presentations on the beautiful stained glass windows at Our Lady of the Annunciation Church in Queensbury, New York and on the stained glass windows of that Church of the Sacred Heart Church in Lake George. Sacred Heart has some of the most extraordinary windows I have ever seen, depicting the life and death of the North American Martyrs.  I have only begun my study of the iconography of these windows and I look forward to many enjoyable hours learning more and more about them.  The three brief talks I give here reflect on the iconography of the Annunciation, the windows at OLA in Queensbury and two of the windows at Sacred Heart.  Thanks to Father Joseph G. Busch and the good people of Queensbury who gave me the opportunity to prepare these talks.


               

                            ON THE ICONOGRAPHY OF THE ANNUNCIATION


                  
                             THE WINDOWS OF OUR LADY OF THE ANNUNCIATION  

                
                                                            A FIRST LOOK AT
THE WINDOWS OF SACRED HEART IN LAKE GEORGE

  Diaconal Ministry in a Time of Change Deacons have always been at the heart of the life of the Church and among the primary effective ag...