30 March 2015

An Opportunity…

Here’s an opportunity to support the good works of a great seminarian.  Brian Morris approached me about this last week and I asked him to write up an appeal for the blog.  I urge you to do whatever you can to show your support.

Thanks!

Monsignor Moroney

=====================================================================

FROM BRIAN MORRIS

On Saturday I ran 20 miles with 72 fellow runners who have been training since November for the Boston Marathon and raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  This is the longest training run we do.  For the next three weeks we “taper off” our training, running shorter distances, as we prepare for the big race on Monday April 20th, Patriot's Day.  I have been blessed by the support I've received from so many brother seminarians and priests here at Saint John's Seminary.  I am especially thankful to my three brother seminarians, Deacon Sinisa Ubiparipovic, Glen Dmytryszyn and Bernardo Rios, who came out and supported the whole team on Saturday at the 15 mile water stop.

I run in memory of my Uncle Greg who passed away last March after a long battle with Lymphoma.  Greg was always so very proud of me for entering seminary, and gave me the nickname “the Padre”.  His death was very difficult on me and my family.  Running in his memory is an opportunity to turn my grief into something good.  

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society not only funds research but also patient support for those who are going through treatment.  I set my goal at $10,000 and have raised $9,417 so far.  I am already very thankful to the many seminarians, priests and other members of the Saint John's community who have gotten me this far.  If anyone else can help not only reach that goal, but raise money for such a good cause, please visit my fundraising website at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/boston15/bmorris or you can send a check made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to my attention at St. John's Seminary, 127 Lake Street  Brighton, MA 02135.  

Please pray for me on April 20th that I complete the Boston Marathon safely and say a prayer for the repose of the soul of my uncle Greg, that he be welcomed into the heavenly kingdom won for us by Christ.

                                                Brian


Saint Peregrine and Saint Sebastian: Ora pro nobis!

  Diaconal Ministry in a Time of Change Deacons have always been at the heart of the life of the Church and among the primary effective ag...