10 August 2012

Monsignor Moroney Named Prelate of Honor


Bishop Robert J. McManus, Bishop of Worcester, has announced that Pope Benedict XVI has named Monsignor James P. Moroney as a Prelate of Honor with the title of Monsignor.  Monsignor Moroney was named a Chaplain of His Holiness in 2001.  Conferral of the honor will be celebrated in the course of Monsignor Moroney’s installation as Rector in late September.

With the news today in the Catholic Free Press, that I have been named a Prelate of Honor, I am brought to reflect all the more on the wonderful ways in which God has blessed me in the past thirty-two years as a priest.  Any recognition of me by the Holy Father is really a recognition of the wonderful people God has allowed me to shepherd from Webster to Leominster to Spencer to Blackstone, to Worcester and Washington and now here at Saint John's Seminary.  

I offer my heartfelt and grateful prayers for the generous support of Bishop McManus, Cardinal O'Malley, and most of all, our beloved Holy Father.  God has been so good to me through their supportive pastoral care.

  Diaconal Ministry in a Time of Change Deacons have always been at the heart of the life of the Church and among the primary effective ag...