27 September 2014

Welcome Bishop da Cunha!


Earlier this week I was privileged to join folks from all across the Diocese of Fall River as they welcomed their new shepherd, Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V. Bishop da Cunha is the first native Portuguese speaking Bishop in the United States and his love of the people of Fall River was evident throughout the Liturgy of Installation. Here is a brief excerpt from his homily:


I feel so grateful today that the Lord and Pope Francis gave me this beautiful gift: the opportunity to serve the Lord and his people here in the Diocese of Fall River. My brother Priests and my brothers and sisters, I pledge to you today to use all the gifts God gave me, to use all the graces he will continue giving me, to serve you and to do it faithfully and joyfully. We shall walk together in faith and hope, sharing our faith with each other, praying for one another always trusting in the Lord’s words and the promise he made to us: Sufficit Tibi Gratia Mea. My Grace is enough for you.


Our own Father David Pignato was Master of Ceremonies and the Liturgy of Installation was beautifully celebrated.


Welcome Bishop da Cunha!

  Diaconal Ministry in a Time of Change Deacons have always been at the heart of the life of the Church and among the primary effective ag...