18 August 2023

FRIDAY MASS AT THE CATHEDRAL OF THE ASSUMPTION


I celebrated Mass this morning at the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Moncton, with about forty parishioners and friends of Saint Cecilia’s. To hear the homily, go to msgrmoroney.blogspot.com.

I began the Mass by calling it a celebration of the bridge which joins the people of Saint Cecilia’s to the land of their forebears. I continued by saying that I had learned many things these past few days: I learned of the deep love of Acadians for their roots and their identity as children of the eldest daughter of the Church. I learned of your deep faith, born of trials and struggles of all sorts…but a faith which perdures. I was inspired as I prayed before so many of the churches which gave birth to that faith and which stand as testaments to your love of Christ today. And I even learned that mosquitos can be the size of small birds!


  Diaconal Ministry in a Time of Change Deacons have always been at the heart of the life of the Church and among the primary effective ag...